To overcome stalling situation and to enhance the heat transfer efficiency, it is advised to install Uni Klinger’s Automatic Pumping Trap (UAPT). There are innumerable advantages of installing this device.
UKL APT is a device having the combined features of a conventional steam trap as well as a pump. In situation where the pressure of the condensate approaching APT is suitably high, then the delta pressure inside this APT will facilitate this device to perform as a mere conventional trap only.
However under stalling conditions where the delta pressure inside APT drops below 0.5 kg/cm2(g), this APT is automatically switched over to pumping mode. During this mode, the motive port opens up to allow motive steam to enter in APT resulting in to immediate pumping of the condensate at elevated place.
Advantage of Automatic Pumping Trap –
- Increase in heat transfer capacity & thus reduction in process cycle time
- Appropriate & continuous condensate discharge
- Avoids water hammer
- Avoids corrosion due to cool condensate in batch production processes
- Proper temperature control in process
- Enhanced equipment life
- Reducing the hunting effect of the temperature control valve
- Avoids flashing of hot condensate
- Nil loss of live steam
Maximum Operating Conditions
Maximum allowable pressure – 14 kg/cm2
Maximum allowable Temperature – 180 Deg C
Body: Carbon Steel
Internals: Inconel & Stainless Steel
Non Return Valve: Stainless Steel Gr. AISI 304
Steam trap: ASTM A743 Gr.CA40
- Inlet 25 NB and outlet 25 NB
- Inlet 40 NB and outlet 25 NB
Uni Klinger UAPT-4.5, UAPT-10 & UAPT-14